The church began as Southern Districts Christian Assembly and had its in roots in the Christian Brethren movement.
The Brethren divided into two branches in 1848, the "Open Brethren" and the "Exclusive Brethren”. Woodcroft Christian Centre (WCC) follows the pathway of the “Open Brethren” movement which later became known as the Christian Brethren.
The current chapel was built in 1990 and the complex was named Woodcroft Christian Centre.
Today we retain our autonomy and our Brethren roots but are affiliated with the Christian Community Churches of Australia (known as CCCAust).