Christian marriage is the God-ordained covenantal union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.
1. Intention-to-marry forms need to be given to the church with a minimum of eight weeks notice from the intended date of the wedding.
2. We require a minimum of six weeks marriage counselling to be undertaken by the couple intending to marry.
3. The couple intending to marry should also complete the Christianity Explored course.
4. Marriages are conducted by a celebrant registered with the Australian government and are registered with the Department of Births, Deaths & Marriages.
5. Marriages are conducted under the rites of the Christian Community Churches of Australia and it will be considered a Christian wedding with the following components:
a. An explanation of the nature and purpose of Christian Marriage.
b. A call for possible objections or a public opportunity for families to endorse, support and give their blessing to the marriage.
c. There will be a selected Bible reading, and a message by the celebrant based on the Bible.
d. The giving of vows including the presence of witnesses, intention questions and declaration of covenantal promises.
e. The exchanging of rings or similar actions.
f. Prayer for or blessing upon the couple
g. A declaration that the couple are married firstly according to God’s Law and secondly according to Commonwealth Australian law.
h. The signing of the marriage register.